Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Savvy Mrs. on WEtv

In the months leading up to my wedding, I wrote a weekly blog for WEtv.com about planning my big day. I documented everything -- from finding a venue to my bachelorette party. And now that I'm a married lady, I have passed the Dubious Bride blogging torch to a new bride-to-be, Jessa. But I still blog a few times a month for them, offering advice to help make wedding planning simple and FUN!

Because that's what it really comes down to. If you're going to be a total basketcase that no one wants to be within 10 feet of, just elope, seriously. It's not worth going off the deep end because peonies aren't in season. Seating charts are no picnic, money can definitely be an issue, and guest lists are hard to trim, but it's all part of the experience. You'll learn as you go. And then you can share your "wisdom", like moi. 

Speaking of ... last week, Jessa emailed me to find out how many items she should register for. I had no clue. All I know is that I left my fiance alone with the "zapper" for less than 3 minutes. Now we have 4 coffee makers and a milk frother. But I did have some other helpful tips for her. Click here for those!



And this week, I decided to write about the awesome one-of-a-kind wedding products featured on Etsy.com. Love it, love it, love it. You can find anything ... from amazing vintage hair accessories to a wedding cake topper made of peacock feathers ... even this funny "cootie catcher" that I featured in a photo gallery about unique wedding favors. 

If you love this flower hair accessory - click here for the deets.





What's your best wedding planning advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment