Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Always a Bridesmaid


I've been a professional bridesmaid for a few years. It's a non-paying gig, but the benefits are great. I get to travel the country for reunion weekends with my besties, attend picture-perfect parties, and never have to worry about what to wear.

On the flip side, this part-time job has, at times, depleted my bank account. Photos of me at the height of the "freshman fifteen" have been flashed in rehearsal dinner slideshows. Canceled flights have left me stranded in unfamiliar cities. And I've spent more time working on poems to read at showers about my friends than spending time with my friends. (Thankfully however, I have yet to be forced to wear an updo.)

But being a "maid" has its perks, especially if your BFF chooses a dress you'd actually wear again. I just put together this slideshow for WEtv.com, featuring some of Spring and Summer's cutest bridesmaid dresses. From formal bashes to destination weddings, there's a style for every aisle...

If your friend didn't get the memo and made you order a floor length teal number, donate the dress to a charity like DonateMyDress.org instead of suiting up and channeling "80's Bridesmaid" at the next Halloween party, which (oops!) your friend who chose it is at!

No comments:

Post a Comment