Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Box of Beauty Surprises

Ever since I was a little girl, I was always fascinated by makeup. I would watch in awe as my mom applied mascara. I was obsessed with my aunts' long 80s nails and shimmery pink lip glosses. And over at grandma Rita's (after watching The Price is Right), I would sit for hours at her oh-so-glamorous vanity table, layering lipstick upon lipstick and dabbing my cheeks with her hot pink "rouge". There was also an unfortunate episode in which I smeared Vaseline all over my face because I wanted to look "shiny."

Perhaps this Halloween "look" is what steered me in the wrong direction...

Regardless, I got my act together by middle school and always kept my makeup simple. But sometimes simple can get boring. Enter Birchbox -- for just 10 bucks, members receive a box filled with  4-5 luxury brand beauty samples each month. From makeup to skincare, fragrance to hair care, you can test out new products before shelling out big bucks on the big sizes. Thanks to a tip from my co-worker Emily, I just ordered my very first Birchbox -- so excited for the beauty surprises that await!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how you like it when you get it! I think that sounds so fun :)

    ReplyDelete