Sunday, January 8, 2012

Desk Decor

If your job is anything like mine, you probably spend a lot of time sitting at a desk. So, to counterbalance the fluorescent lighting and filing cabinets, it's important to add a little personality to our work spaces. Actually, throughout the first year of my current job, my desk had zero personality. Aside from office supplies and five industrial sized tubs of antibacterial wipes that were there when I started, my little pod was a bit sterile (in two ways, apparently). Then one day, it dawned on me that my co-workers probably thought I was a germaphobe with lots of paper clips and no friends. So, I've been sprucing it up with fun pictures, and an over-dramatic plant that dies and comes back to life without fail every Monday.

If your desk is in need of a little something, here are some fun ideas:

This adorable monogrammed mug ($8 from Anthropologie) is a great pen/pencil holder. I just bought one!


If you have lots of magazines and binders, organize them in this cute set from See Jane Work.


Fill up drab wall space and keep track of upcoming vacations with a calendar. For just $9.99, you can meet a "nice jewish guy" (and make your co-workers uncomfortable) every single month!


Or perhaps Ron Swanson is what your desk has been missing all this time. Is anyone else completely obsessed with Parks and Rec? I'm one click away from ordering this poster, and a side of bacon:


Fabric thumbtacks - sure, why not?



Pictures of family, friends, and pets are always nice reminders of life outside the office. Check out stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx for cheap (but really cute!) picture frames. Need some free wall art? Add pops of color to your bulletin boards by tacking up pretty cards and stationary you've received. 

What are your desk decor essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment