Monday, January 30, 2012

The Best Lasagna of Your Life

If you love cheese as much as I do, this Barefoot Contessa lasagna is one for the books. It's made with four kinds of cheese (yes, really), chicken sausage, and homemade sauce. First, I have to show you the finished product:

 It might look like portion control, but my plate is actually 4 feet in diameter. So, anyways...


First you make a sauce. I'll post the recipe at the bottom. But the gist is onions, garlic, chicken or turkey sausage (I did chicken), a huge can of crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, fresh basil, salt and pepper. You could actually call it a day right here and pour this over noodles. But I digress ... back to what is sure to be the best lasagna of your life. As I mentioned before, the cheese to everything-else ratio is sort of appalling, but you'll just have to get over it. Hello, fresh mozz....


Then there's this mixture of part-skim ricotta, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, an egg and parsley:

Okay, calm down. Pretend it's fat-free.

Layer it all, bake for 30 minutes and dinner is SERVED. If you feel like sharing, this lasagna could easily feed eight people. Here's the full recipe and directions from Ina. Jeffrey probably looooves this.

No comments:

Post a Comment