Monday, June 7, 2010

Diet Deliciousness

After a weekend full of bad (yet so good) food choices (beer, burgers, Mr. Yogato with chocolate chips and Cap'n Crunch ... you know how that goes) my husband and I firmly decide to go on a steamed kale only diet. Clearly, this has never gone into full effect, but just talking about it makes us feel healthier. Luckily, we've mastered eating well during the week to counter some of the diet damage over the weekend.

Here are a few of my low-fat, low-cal faves -- so good, you don't even feel like you're trying to be healthy.



Sweet Leaf Diet Sweet Tea: 0 calories ... this tasty tea kicks Diet Peach Snapple to the curb. I'm just sayin'...








Light Laughing Cow: If I was stranded on a desert island, this might be one of the 3 things I choose to take with me. (Okay, maybe not, but it's up there..) One wedge is just 35 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. Swap cream cheese for this on a whole wheat English muffin for breakfast. They have a blog, btw. Who knew?



Cool Whip Graham Cracker Sandwiches: Best. Dessert. Ever. Really. Take 1/2 of a low-fat graham cracker and top with 1-2 tablespoons of fat free or sugar free cool whip. I like to sprinkle on a few chocolate chips (and by a few, I mean 40 which kind of defeats the purpose). Top with the other half of the graham cracker, wrap in foil and freeze. Voila, you have a homemade, low-fat chipwich.


What are some of your best kept diet secrets?

No comments:

Post a Comment