Monday, May 31, 2010

When Life Gives you Lemons...

Today I stopped for a 5 cent cup of lemonade at a stand being run by kids that live around the corner from me. I gave them a couple bucks, figuring it would go towards whatever video game they were saving up for. (I certainly remember selling Crystal Light in Dixie cups to my neighbors with high hopes for a new slap bracelet back in the day.) As I was about to continue on my way, the 4 year old proprietor said, "We made lemonade to help the animals in the oil spill."

I was so touched that someone so little was out braving the 90 degree heat - not for toys, snacks or iPods - but because their parents taught them that they can help make a difference ... even with a pitcher of lemonade.

I'll drink to that any day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I sold jewelry made from Friendly Plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just happened to see this post from a link on FB. Pls make sure you always let everyone know of the update. I LOVE this one.

    ReplyDelete