Monday, May 3, 2010

Do You Have Bachelorette Envy?

The other night I was out with some of my girlfriends, one of whom just started seeing a new guy. They were exchanging flirty texts and arranging where to meet up later. As I was helping her craft the perfect response back to him, I felt a brief wave of nostalgia for my single gal life. Don’t get me wrong, marriage is awesome and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. But sometimes, even the most happily married ladies miss certain things about flying solo (which I got the scoop on while writing an article for SheKnows.com).

Like total control of the remote...

It takes a lot of bargaining to claim the TV for six hours to watch Keeping up with the Kardashians when it’s not just your TV anymore. (My husband actually feels physically ill after catching even a glimpse of that show.) Alternatively, you will get stuck sitting through really boring political commentary (sometimes I feel like Keith Olbermann might as well be eating dinner with us), war documentaries, football and cartoons made for grown men. While having someone to share your life with is one of the best parts about marriage, it’s not always easy to share your TV... or the computer… or the bathroom…

Click here to check out the rest of my article on SheKnows.com. 

I also wrote a follow-up to this on things married women don't miss about single gal life. So stay tuned for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment