Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flower Power

If my life were a Nancy Meyers movie, I would be the owner of a charming little flower shop. How great would it be to spend my days creating creating beautiful arrangements and bouquets that serve one purpose -- to make people feel happy and special. Since I know very little about flowers and I'm not a 55 year old woman in a bizarre love triangle with Alec Baldwin or Jack Nicholson, this is probably not in my near future.

However, thanks to a photo gallery assignment for WEtv.com, I am learning a whole lot about wedding bouquets from the best in the biz. I found some fabulously talented florists from across the country who gladly shared images of breathtaking bridal bouquets. Since I only use about 12 images in a photo gallery, I thought I would post some extra pics here too, and of course on The Dubious Bride blog next week (so be sure to check that out)!


















Florette Designs
blush peonies, hydrangeas, lilacs, "caramel antique" garden roses, scabiosas, veronicas, ranunculus and sweet peas.















La Partie Events
Pink peacock feathers, peonies, ranunculus, spray roses, sage
Photo: Erin Hearts Court 






















Modern Bouquet
china mums, anemones and kale (yes, kale!)
Photo: White Haute Photography

No weddings in your future? These gorgeous color and flower combos can inspire some lovely arrangements for your home too... Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment