Monday, April 30, 2012

What's For Dinner? Recipe Roundup

Do you ever get into a rut where you find yourself making the same (a.k.a. super boring) weeknight dinners? Me too. Good news gals, here are three easy recipes to get you out of your dreaded dinner routine.  

1.) Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
As far as I'm concerned, Giada can do no wrong. Yesterday I stumbled upon her recipe for spicy tomato soup, and promptly made it for dinner. It only calls for a handful of ingredients, and involves dumping a bunch of things into a soup pot and winding up with dinner. Now that, I can do. Simply saute onions, garlic and carrots in a pot, add chicken stock, a can of tomato sauce, cannellini beans, noodles, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and simmer. I added too many noodles, so it was more of a stew than soup - but quite tasty nonetheless. Whip up a grilled cheese and dinner is served. 

2.) Fish Tacos
I looooove meals that involve cheese and guacamole. My friend Lauren made these tasty fish tacos last night and highly recommended the recipe. (You know something is seriously good when it's the first news to grace your morning g-chat convo.)


 3.) Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burrito
For the record, I'm not a vegan nor do I ever plan to become one. Cheese is just too crucial to my overall happiness. But this vegan burrito recipe shared by my friend Rebecca actually sounds delicious. And it's pretty too!

Anything new and exciting in your dinner repertoire? Please share a link to the recipe below ... we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment