Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cures for Chapped Lips

Although Spring has made an appearance, it's still so dry that I can't go anywhere without obsessively re-applying my Burt's Bees lip balm. I hate to knock Burt's, but it's just not working. Thanks to this post on Jezebel, Your Lips are Dry and Disgusting. Let's Fix That., I learned some tried and true remedies to prevent and cure chapped lips once and for all:

1. Don't make out with Adam Levine. Check. (Unfortunately)
2. Cover your lips in duck or goose fat. Whoever recommended that sounds like a quack. 
3. Go with good old Vaseline to lock in moisture. I love budget-friendly beauty options.
4. Raid the kitchen cabinets and try olive oil. Hmm, can I pair with a tomato mozzarella salad?
5. And my favorite, "Don't lick your lips, no matter what LL Cool J says." A rule to live by.

But, they missed the BEST cure of all: Aquaphor. I discovered this soothing secret in college to protect my lips from brutal Wisconsin winters. It also added a really fabulous sheen to my lips as I braved the walks to class wearing a wool face mask. Not my best look. It was about survival, gals.

It's time to go back to this beauty stand-by. Who's with me?

How do you combat chapped lips?

No comments:

Post a Comment