Monday, June 20, 2011

Zumba: Yay or Nay?

If you'd like to do awkward hip thrusts in the company of strangers, while wishing you were invisible, might I suggest Zumba?

In my quest to do anything other than the elliptical at the gym, I've started adding a little Zumba to the mix. And I have to say,  it's really fun. The teacher incorporates some hip hop, plays great music, and the class really flies by. Not only am I now a master of international dance -- it's a nice change from my usual gym shenanigans. Plus, I'm fully prepared should I be invited to a mixer in a retirement community.

The point is, it's nice to switch up the gym routine, step out of your comfort zone and try something new. Even if your salsa looks like an inverted running man.

Would you try Zumba? 

No comments:

Post a Comment